Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Abbey by Chris Culver - 3 stars

This paranormal suspense was: Ultimately a Good Read, But Started Slow.

This story about a police detective whose niece is murdered has interesting plot twists and unexpected intrigue. It was a bit slow in the beginning, and has a lot of details, most of which surround police work. I had to put it down and pick it back up several times, and in the end, I'm glad I persevered through the lengthy setup. The book was well written - you actually feel for the main character at times, and also has some unexpected humor, which any lawyer or law student would appreciate. I saw a description that indicated this was a "paranormal" suspense thriller, but that is not the case.

I know this blog is dedicated to Romantic Dramas, but occasionally I'll throw in something different.