Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blood Moon by Toni Minard - 3 stars

Some Good, Some Bad, But I don't think I'll read any more of Toni Minard's work.


While the concepts introduced in this book are unique, I had several issues with this book. #1 - the title has ZERO to do with the book. Absolutely no connection at all. The cover art is also lame. Ditch the half-naked man and show us some more of the magic writing. #2 - the story drags. I think this could have been reduced from the nearly 800 pages it is on the Nook for PC down to 500. The only reason I finished the book was because I had to find out what the connection was between Van Orten and Benedict. If that piece of the puzzle hadn't been so compelling, I would have put the book down long ago.

I do appreciate the author's descriptions of the Amaki and the magic. So many of these stories don't include any explanations of the settings. That part was easy to follow and added to keeping me reading.